What are the Effects of a MUA Procedure?
A Procedure That Stimulates Change
Manipulation under anesthesia (MUA) is a healthcare procedure that creates beneficial changes within your body’s joints and tissues. MUA is a fast-acting therapy, in that it creates lasting changes in a very short period. Three of the most important changes MUA stimulates or enables are:
1. Decrease in pain
2. The ability to perform cherished leisure or work activities that were previously impossible or painful
3. An improved quality of life
By banishing pain and improving your musculoskeletal function, MUA can help you achieve your health goals and significantly improve your ability to perform your activities of daily living.
What are the Immediate Effects of MUA?
Most people who experience MUA report several immediate health effects, including:
- Reduced pain or discomfort in injured areas
- Increased joint and limb active range of motion
- Decreased stress or tension in previously tight muscles
- Enhanced functional capabilities (i.e., an improved ability to perform physical tasks)
It’s common to experience mild muscle soreness immediately following a MUA session. This soreness should be comparable to how you feel after a exercise session. MUA-related muscle soreness dissipates quickly as the beneficial effects of this noninvasive therapy take hold.
What are the Long-Term Effects of MUA?
Few therapies for musculoskeletal problems and pain offer greater lasting health benefits than MUA. MUA is a life-changing treatment approach that produces the following long-term health effects:
- Permanently breaks up scar tissue (adhesions) that cause pain and limit your spinal and extremities range of motion
- Corrects problems associated with failed back surgery or other invasive therapies
- Reduces or eliminates chronic muscle spasms
- Restores proper muscle tone and lengthens contracted muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Improves posture
- Relieves both local and radiating pain
Perhaps most importantly, however, MUA restores in you a sense of trust and confidence in your body’s ability to hold up to life’s many physical demands without experiencing pain.
Schedule a free consultation with the team to get more information about MUA and how it can help treat the specific underlying cause of your low back pain.